Original Soundtrack Recording
What can be said about Bette's breakthrough soundtrack, as produced by Arif Mardin. Yes, I said breakthrough. More than THE ROSE, after Beaches and Wind Beneath My Wings, Middle America never forgot her. A great recording with some wonderful interpretations.
Standout tracks - Wind Beneath My Wings, I've Still Got My Health, I Think It's Going To Rain Today
- 1. Under The Boardwalk
- The film opens with this classy update of The Drifter's original.
- 2. Wind Beneath My Wings
- This song seems to have become the wind beneath Bette's wings.
- 3. I've Still Got My Health
- A wonderful interpretation of this Cole Porter classic.
- 4. I Think It's Going To Rain Today
- My favorite song on the album is a poignant performance of this Randy Newman ballad.
- 5. Otto Titsling
- This comic song was originally heard on Bette's MUD WILL BE FLUNG TONIGHT comedy album.
- 6. I Know You By Heart
- This song, played on the radio as Bette drove to San Francisco (in the film), was also recorded by Dolly Parton and Smokey Robinson (available on Dolly's RAINBOW album).
- 7. The Glory Of Love
- Bette claimed this as her new theme song during the Radio City concerts in 1992. It's a great recording of this old chestnut but it's no Friends.
- 8. Baby Mine
- This song was originally heard in the Disney film Dumbo.
- 9. Oh Industry
- Bette does it to techno? It works in the film anyway.
- 10. The Friendship Theme
- The instrumental theme was written by George DeLerue and played by Marc Shaiman, Bette's longtime musical conductor.
Back to Experience The Di-Vinyl
Back to Best Better Bette: MIDLER ON THE 'NET
BEST BETTER BETTE: Midler On The 'Net
Maintained and copyrighted by Michael T.